Any and all information or services provided by The Intensive Basketball Camp (IBC) are subject to the following Terms & Conditions (T&C). IBC reserves the right to update the T&C at any time without notice to you. The most current version of the T&C can be reviewed by clicking on the “Terms & Conditions” hypertext link located at the bottom of our web pages. If you would like a copy of our T&C in an alternate format, please contact our office.
IBC is open to male athletes ages 13-18.
- The application is good for the current year’s camp season only.
- The prices and dates for camp hereunder are subject to change.
- Late and walk up registrations are subject to a late fee assessment.
- Staff and schedules are subject to change.
- Roommate requests will not be accepted. Athletes must stand with their desired roommate at check-in in order to share a room.
- In order to maintain proper hydration at certain camps, campers will be weighed at check in and must not drop more than 1.5% of their initial body weight.
- IBC may refuse admittance to camp if the applicable fees have not been paid.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for any and all medical bills.
There will be no exceptions made to this Cancellation Policy
2. The parent/guardian submitting the cancellation request will receive an email in response confirming the receipt of the cancellation request.
3. All cancellation requests will be reviewed, and if approved, processed within 30 days from the date our office receives the cancellation request.
4. The camp deposit of $300 will not be refunded for any reason unless the registrant purchases Camp Cancellation Insurance.
5. Cancellations outside 30 days from the start of camp will result in a loss of the deposit amount and the remainder will be returned in the form of cash.
6. Cancellations inside 30 days from the start of camp will result in a loss of the deposit amount and the remainder will be returned in the form of camp credit.
9. No cancellation requests, for any reason, will be considered if received on or after the camp’s start date.
10. Any cancellation requests received on or after the camp’s start date will be treated as if the camper was an Early Departure.
11. Customized camp gear orders are non-refundable; shipping charges will apply and will be deducted from your cash or credit refund if applicable.
CANCELLATION PROTECTION INSURANCE
1. As stated in our Cancellation Policy, camp has a $300 deposit that cannot be refunded, except if Cancellation Protection Insurance is purchased.
2. Cancellation Protection Insurance is optional coverage that can ONLY BE PURCHASED AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION and cannot be added on at a later date.
3. By purchasing the Cancellation Protection Insurance, you are protecting your camp deposit and additional monies paid against an unforeseen cancellation.
4. In the event of a cancellation if having purchased Cancellation Protection Insurance, you will receive your entire deposit back in cash or credit depending on cancel date, less the Cancellation Protection Insurance fee.
5. The Cancellation Protection Insurance is non-refundable. Please note, Cancellation Protection Insurance does not protect against campers leaving early from camp (see Early Departure Policy).
6. The cost of the Cancellation Protection Insurance Policy is $50.00.
EARLY DEPARTURE POLICY
There will be no exceptions made to this Early Departure Policy
1. In the event that a camper needs to leave camp early due to a medical illness, injury, or family emergency, a partial pro-rated camp credit will be calculated based upon how many days are missed at camp, less the non-refundable deposit.
2. No cash refunds will be given. No form or written request needs to be completed to receive camp credit for an early departure.
3. All pertinent early check-out information is recorded on-site, however the Minneapolis camp office is not able to review Early Departure forms until the end of the camp. All camp credit letters will be issued via email no later than September 30th.
Absolutely no refunds or camp credit for campers dismissed from camp due to violations of the JROB Camper’s CODE OF CONDUCT.
CAMPER CODE OF CONDUCT
Our Code of Conduct is intended to help improve the safety, security, and overall experience of all campers, staff and personnel at our host institution. Breaking any of the following policies is grounds for dismissal from camp, regardless if the camper is being directly supervised or not.
- Fighting, taunting, mocking, back-talking, or otherwise rude behavior to fellow campers, counselors, or host institution personnel is prohibited.
- Skipping practice is not acceptable.
- Sexual comments towards, or sexual behavior with, fellow campers, staff, host school or community members is prohibited.
- Posting of vulgar or sexually-suggestive messages, videos, or images of any kind on any social media platform(s) (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, etc.) while at camp is prohibited.
- Vandalizing public spaces, camp equipment, host school, or fellow campers’ property can result in dismissal from camp.
- Using, selling and/or possessing drugs, alcohol, or tobacco is prohibited.
- Campers start camp with a set amount of points; any camper losing all of their points will be sent home.
- Stealing, in any situation, will result in dismissal from camp.
- Written, cyber, verbal, and physical harassment/bullying/hazing towards fellow campers, IBC staff, host school, or community members of any kind is prohibited.
- Campers cannot be in any motorized vehicle unless traveling with a IBC staff member
- The possession of weapons of any kind is prohibited during camp.
- No swimming in rivers, ponds or lakes on or near our host institution’s campus.
- Pets or other animals are not permitted in the residence halls at any time.
- Campers are required to stay in their rooms after bed checks have been completed, except when using the restroom or in emergency situations. Campers outside of the building after bed checks without a staff chaperone are subject to dismissal from camp.
- No cell phones, iPods, or other electronic devices are allowed during practice sessions (even if the camper is not participating), or in the dining facility. The use of these devices during these restricted times can result in a staff member confiscating the device for up to 7 days.
- Information Collected by IBC
IBC will only collect information about you with your knowledge and consent. We collect your information for purposes including providing you with information you request, to fulfill camp enrollments or to process merchandise purchases. The information we collect may include name, postal address, e-mail address, phone number and credit card information.
- Use and Disclosure of Personal Information Collected by IBC
IBC will use information collected to execute purchase requests on your behalf, communicate information you request to you and on occasion communicate JRIC information and offers that may be of interest to you.
IBC will disclose your information to our third party business partners when necessary to fulfill your specific requests. Examples of IBC information disclosures include providing information to residence halls as required to arrange for housing and transmission of credit card payments to credit card issuers.
IBC will not sell or rent your information to third parties. IBC may share information, however, with our affiliates and carefully selected companies on occasion whom we believe can offer you services or products of interest to you. IBC will disclose personal information to government agencies when required to do so by law. If you do not wish to have your information shared, please contact us.
IBC uses “cookies” to save visitors time when on our Web site and to enable visitors to use the shopping cart feature on our Web site. We may use aggregated visitor information, i.e. number of page visits, length of visits, etc. to improve the organization of our Web site. This visitor information does not contain any personally identifiable information. IBC does not install any “spy ware” or third party advertising tracking software on your computer. If you do not wish to accept cookies, your Web browser may include an option that allows you to not accept cookies.
- IBC Data Security
IBC employs safeguards to protect the security of personal information we collect. Data security measures include online security systems, physical security safeguards and managerial security procedures to protect the security and privacy of information we collect.
- Access to Personal Information
You are welcome to access the information we have collected on you by contacting our office. If you feel that your questions or concerns are not addressed adequately by IBC, you may contact the Federal Trade Commission’s Consumer Response Center at 600 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Room 130, Washington D.C. or call the FTC at 888.382.4357.
- Consent of Use of Personal Information
TERMS OF ONLINE ACCOUNT USE
The Intensive Basketball Camp (IBC) provides you access to your camper account information. You are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account. You agree to notify IBC immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security. IBC will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your password or account, either with or without your knowledge. However, you could be held liable for losses incurred by IBC or another party due to someone else using your account or password. You may not use anyone else’s account at any time without the permission of the account holder.
You may not use the IBC website in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any piece of the website, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the website. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any other accounts through hacking, password mining, or any other means. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through IBC.
By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when you use the IBC online services, you will not:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others.
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material, or information.
- Use any material or information, including images or photographs, which are made available in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary right of any party.
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses.
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
- Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others.
IBC reserves the right to terminate your access to any and all of the IBC website at any time, without notice, for any reason whatsoever.
Any links that bring you to a third party are not controlled by IBC. IBC is not responsible for the contents of any linked site. IBC is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by IBC.
Camp participant (Camper) and Legal Guardian thereof, grant The Intensive Basketball Camp (IBC) permission to use, exhibit, and/or distribute the Camper’s likeness for memorabilia, educational uses, marketing, and other purposes of their choosing, via video tape, cablecast, broadcast, print media, CD-ROM, DVD, audio formats, delivery across the World Wide Web and any other medium, in whole or in part, without restriction or limitation, for any purpose which JRIC deems appropriate.
In consideration of the opportunity to appear in these productions, Camper and Legal Guardian hereby irrevocably grant IBC the following:
- Total ownership of the program(s) produced using the Camper’s likeness including the right to edit the program, cablecast or broadcast the program, copyright the program, publish sell and republish the same intact or in part, in any medium now or hereafter known and the right to license or authorize others to use these rights, without compensation, for an unspecified number of years.
- The right to use the Camper’s likeness, voice, and other materials supplied by the Camper in promotional and informational materials about the program(s).
- Camper and Legal Guardian hereby warrant and represent, that Camper and Legal Guardian have the full right to enter into this agreement, that Camper and Legal Guardian are authorized to grant IBC all the rights set forth herein and that the consent of no other party is necessary to enable IBC to use the Camper’s appearance as herein stated. Any or all the rights herein may be exercised by Camper and Legal Guardian, our successors, licensees, and assignees.
- Camper and Legal Guardian hereby release, indemnify and hold harmless IBC, their officers, officials, agents, employees, sponsors and advertisers from any and all liability, claims, actions, and damages arising from the use of the Camper’s appearance and/or the materials or information provided by Camper or Legal Guardian.
Camper and Legal Guardian have both read this Release, and understand that by signing the IBC application and/or the IBC Medical History Form, we are agreeing to all the terms contained herein.
- Campers are responsible for bringing and using all safety equipment required by their sport.
- Parent/Guardians are responsible for any and all medical bills.
- Upon signing the Medical History Form, you have agreed to the following:
“I have read the Instructions & Policies, Pre-Camp Training Recommendations, and Camp Information Sheet received with this form and agree to all rules, policies, and conditions contained therein without exclusion or amendment. I have read and agree to all of the terms listed on this webpage.
I recognize that there are dangers inherent in the sport of basketball and its training elements, and agree to assume all risks related to my child’s participation. I release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue The Intensive Basketball Camp and its staff, owners, employees, and agents from any and all claims, demands, or course of action whatsoever arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by my child, or to any property belonging to my child, whether caused by the negligence of the employees, or otherwise, while participating in this camp, or while in, on or upon the premises where the camp is being conducted. I hereby grant The Intensive Basketball Camp the right to use photographs, video images and/or other media of my child for advertising, publicity and/or other commercial purposes.
I agree and certify that my son/daughter/dependent has full coverage of valid medical insurance and that I will provide proof of that insurance prior to my son/daughter/dependent participating in camp. I understand and agree that my son will be immediately removed for all camp activities should at any time The Intensive Basketball Camp discover that valid medical insurance does NOT exist. I further understand and agree that if my son/daughter/dependent is removed from camp because of lack of medical insurance that I will NOT receive a refund or credit, and that I will need to have my son/daughter/dependent removed from camp and into my custody within 24 hours.
If my child needs medical treatment while attending The Intensive Basketball Camp, it is my request that the treatment be begun while efforts are being made to contact me. So that treatment will not be delayed, I consent to any medical procedures that the physician believes my child needs, on the understanding that efforts will continue to be made to contact me and assume all costs related to such treatment. I understand that I may revoke this consent at any time, but that such revocation will not apply to treatment rendered prior to the date I have revoked consent.
I have read, understand, and agree to the refund policy listed herein. I also understand that there is no refund on the deposit if we (Parent or Camper) should cancel the application.
TRADEMARKS AND COPYRIGHTS
Copyright © 2018
The Intensive Basketball Camp
2520 East Hennepin Ave, Suite 220
Minneapolis, MN 55413
All rights reserved.
The name Intensive Basketball Camp is synonymous with high-quality training programs. Trademarks are extremely valuable because they represent the standards of excellence and consistent quality associated with The Intensive Basketball Camp (IBC).
Your use must not mislead consumers as to any IBC sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement of your company, or your products or services.
Any use of a IBC must be pursuant the following:
- Do not use any IBC trademarks as your product name, service name, or company name.
- Do not use product, service, or company names that could be confused with any IBC trademark.
- Do not mimic or copy IBC products, advertising or trade dress.
- Do not use an IBC trademark in any manner that suggests IBC’s affiliation, sponsorship, or certification or approval.
- Do not use or imitate any IBC tagline including but not limited to “The Change is Forever.”